Friday 8 May 2015

When Is It Justifiable To Beat A Woman? - Family


My very intimate friend was recently at the rough end of a physical assault from her husband. This has been going on for a while and as usual she found it very difficult to tell me because she knows I won't take it well. Her hubby was due to travel back to NIGERIA from the UK and as usual he was packing her designer bags as gifts to his younger sister who by the way was not on speaking terms with my friend. Her mild rejection of his plan which was all the more insulting since he did not take permission from her before just invading her closet got him mad and the beating and blows commenced.

Buhari meets with a journalist he jailed when he was a military leader

40 migrants drown in latest Mediterranean accident

Photos: Students find freshly dug grave in their classroom in Edo


She said this time, she was sure that he meant to kill her. He grabbed tight her throat, planning to choke her, scratched at her face all the while raining blows on her repeatedly screaming, the intervention of her kids and her father could not save her from this hell. When he was done, he left her utterly humiliated and headed for the airport.

To make matters worse, her parents not wanting the humiliation of a divorce are insisting that she should remain a good wife and even go and apologise to the beast for verbally and physically assaulting her.

I love her and remain deeply helpless as I see that this will not end. So I ask, when is it justifiable to beat up a woman or is it ever justifiable to do that?

What advise can I give her. I plan to rescue her but would she be alive by the time I am ready? I am afraid.

Buhari meets with a journalist he jailed when he was a military leader

40 migrants drown in latest Mediterranean accident

Photos: Students find freshly dug grave in their classroom in Edo



http://josephedgarng.blogspot.com/2015/05/when-is-it-justifiable-to-beat-woman.html

No comments:

Post a Comment