Saturday 9 May 2015

My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE - Politics

My Ultimate Ambition Is To Be Governor Of Oyo State — 9ICE - Politics
Popular singer, Abolore Akanda (9ice) recently contested for the Federal House of Representatives, Ogbomosho North/ Ogbomosho South/Orire Federal Constituency on the platform of his party, APC but lost out at the primaries.

He spoke with Vanguard Newspaper in an exclusive interview:

What’s the greatest lesson you’ve learnt from your
experience in politics?


I’ve learnt that Nigeria lacks leadership. It’s
‘moneyticians’ that they see, and they have no
choice but to follow whoever they see. During the
course of my campaign, I learnt a lot, and I got closer
to the people. I listened to their yearnings, and
realized that they want a lot of things, but are not
getting what they want.

I will also implore people who have the passion to
lead their people to offer themselves up for service.
The people that we have there now are not leaders;
they’re just there for whatever they’ll gain.

This is your first shot at politics, but what would you
say is your ultimate ambition?


My ultimate ambition in politics is to become the
governor of Oyo State. However, I’ll still run for the
Federal House of Representatives to serve my
constituency in the next election. I believe I can serve
in that position very well, and I also know that I stand
the chance to become the governor of Oyo State.

As the Special Adviser to the Oyo State governor on
Youths, what are your plans for the people of the
state?


My plans are to spring up so many ideas that I
already have at the back of my mind. Initiatives like
the Governor’s Cup in terms of Sports, and also by
organizing debates. The era of debates has died, and
I think we need to encourage the brilliant students
who have the capacity for that in Oyo State. I intend
to present such students to the governor so they can
be supported academically, and if the powers that be
support the idea, then I think we’re good to go.

How do you intend to combine your role as a public
official and an artiste?


I don’t think one disturbs the other. My political office is during the day as Abolore Akande, and music is performed at night by 9ice. I think I have already differentiated the two.


www.vanguardngr.com/2015/05/my-ultimate-ambition-is-to-be-governor-of-oyo-state-9ice lalasticlala

No comments:

Post a Comment